Since the website mainly represents the image of the community , it should be well presented and its entities should be adapted to the community’s needs and to those who want to contribute by offerring a well structured documentation.
Hence the idea to present a documentation that containes the global architecture of our website in order to better understand the work that still needs to be done and especially to ensure the proper fonctioning of the platform.
The main page of the website:
What’s the purpose of this page?:
First we didn’t have projects or important informations to include in the home page except some articles. But after two years of work, we are committed to display all the new and upcoming projects to public and to provide them with our several tools with the purpose of facilitating the process to join us and to contribute to our projects.
One of the most essential steps is documenting everything since the beginning so everyone can see what are we up to.
«About Us» page:
This page answers 3 basic questions: “What is Mozilla?”, “What is Mozilla Tunisia” and “How do I join?”
In this page we try to provide as many information as possible with the minimum of text.
A new contributor will not likely pass hours searching or reading the details to understand what we do in Mozilla, since his first contact with us. So I had the idea of having them contributors passing through steps aka tabs to get the whole picture.
The first tab represents all the domains that one can contribute in.
The rest of the tabs detail the contributing domains, one per tab where you can find links for other pages containing more detailed information for that exact domain (generally wiki pages).
Also, Contribute page contains two buttons (Mailing List and IRC) that can put them in direct contact with the Mozilla Tunisia community.
You can find more details here: https://github.com/Chaasof/Contribute-Tab
Mozilla Tunisia sub domains:
- http://blog.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : Our current homepage of Mozilla Tunisia will be transferred to here.
- http://slides.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : here we share our slideshows that we used in prevous events (which is already there).
- http://irc.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : Logs of our meeting on IRC ( right now they are at http://irc.mozilla-tunisia.org/log/ ). And also a IRC webchat system that we will work on at: http://irc.mozilla-tunisia.org/WebChat/ (it is currently accessible via http://webchat.mozilla-tunisia.org:9090/#mozillatunisia ).
- http://galerie.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : our very own little corner for sharing our pictures, just like flickr.
- http://bug.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : our bugzilla system for the projects we tend to work on. (which is already there).
- http://join.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : This represents the community dashboard. Actually inspired by the reps portail, but we will be making other features; creating work groups, where events can be proposed (currently under http://mozilla-tunisia.org/events/ ), sharing information/asking questions in groups with the same interests. (possibly also a future forum).
- http://wiki.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : A local wiki (which is already there).
- http://scrum.mozilla-tunisia.org/ :Totally inspired by http://scrumbu.gs/ ( To manage our projects).
- http://firefoxos.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : A space to present our local projects and to demonstrate the apps in an orginal way as they are displayed in the diverse firefoxOs devices ( such as : http://i.imgur.com/GANnm84.png ).
- http://education.mozilla-tunisia.org/ : inspired by http://www.codecademy.com/ for teaching web techniques and mozilla technologies ; for example: how to solve a Firefox OS (b2g) but step by step, or making a HTML5/CSS3/JS video game, producing videos with popcorn…